Yes, Monster Jam is back and you have five chances to see your favorite monster truck fly through the All State Arena starting Friday, February 25th through Sunday February 27th.
From the Skills Challenge to the Free Style, it’s a show, it’s a competition, it’s action packed and fun for kids of all ages.
We have been attending since our teenager was 5 and despite his general lack of interest in most things that aren’t a meme, when it comes to Monster Jam, he is still as excited to go as he was sooo many years ago.
That’s because every show is different, unpredictable and full of action, from the massive flying trucks to the racing speedsters in the Triple Threat competition, you never know who is going to win or how things are going to play out.
For the many Monster Jam newbies here is a little Monster Jam 101, to help you ready for the coolest show in Chicago this weekend.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Each Monster Jam truck is approximately 10.5 feet tall, 12.5 feet wide, 17 feet long and weighs 12,000 pounds.
- A Monster Jam engine will generate 1,500 horsepower, thanks to a supercharger that forces air and fuel into the engine. It is powered by methanol fuel, consumed at the rates of three gallons a minute from a specially constructed safety cell.
- The truck utilizes a four-link racing suspension with four main bars that link the front and rear axles to the frame. It rides on clusters of nitrogen-charged shocks that offer 30 inches of travel in the suspension.
- The BKT tires are 66 inches in diameter and 43 inches wide, inflated to 23 psi pressure, and (with wheel) weigh 645 pounds each.
- The driver’s compartment is a steel safety structure, built from tubing and mounted to the truck frame.
- The truck bodies are custom-built and constructed of fiberglass.
- Each truck is transported in specially prepared trailers, which can include spare parts and as many as two trucks.
- It’s super duper loud! Bring a noise dampening headset or ear plugs for everyone in your group.
Grab your tickets and even more Monster Jam information here. Then get ready for Monster Jam!